INGREDIENTS (SERVES 12-16 PEOPLE)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or low-fat sour cream)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 scoop of your favourite LightWhey flavor per person
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray
a 8×8 square pan with cooking spray then line with a strip of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray paper with cooking spray, too.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour,cocoa, salt and baking soda.
3. In another medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, applesauce, greek yogurt, melted chocolate, eggs and oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
4. Spread batter in prepare pan. Sprinkle the top with the chopped chocolate pieces.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 30-35 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with your favourite flavor of LightWhey on top.